Jewels of the Indian Ocean
Who it was for
Guests follow the trade winds across the Indian Ocean like explorers of old on a seamless 24-day expedition by private jet.
Grosvenor Tours was the appointed DMC for the three day stop in Mozambique.
How many guests
55 guests from USA
The flow of the program
Day 1: Guest arrival in Maputo, Mozambique. Sunset drinks and a welcome dinner overlooking the beautiful bay of Maputo with capulana (traditional sarong) demonstration, traditional dancers and live seafood BBQ.
Day 2: Optional touring
- Full day Inhaca & Santa Maria Islands. Guests to relax and snorkel followed by a seafood lunch with local dancers.
- Full day Mafalala Tour. A walking tour of the historic Mafalala neighbourhood in Maputo, visit to a local school and traditional dance performance of the ladies originating from Ilha da Mozambique.
- Full day City tour, experiencing highlights such as the fort, train station, interaction with locals and tasting of local delicacies
Day 3: Departure from Maputo, Mozambique
- Welcome dinner with Capulana demonstration from locals, tribal dancers and live BBQ.
- Special beach set up with snacks and drinks whilst guests snorkel in the marina protected area of Santa Maria island.
- Visit to Inhaca Island with seafood lunch and local dancers.
- A walking tour of the historic Mafalala neighbourhood in Maputo
- Visit and give back to a local school
- Traditional dance performance of the ladies originating from Ilha da Mozambique.
- City tour with interaction with locals and tasting of local delicacies
Feedback from the client
“Maputo was well received so thank you for all your help in making this stop a success! It was a true hidden gem”