Standard Conditions of Business
Grosvenor Tours undertakes to provide all services offered subject to the terms and conditions set out herein, which terms and conditions are accepted by the traveller.
- Grosvenor Tours means: Cullinan Holdings Ltd T/A Grosvenor Tours
- Traveller means: Individuals, groups, companies or other legal persons using the services offered by Grosvenor Tours and includes the agents of travellers.
- Services means: The provision of accommodations and/or transportation and/or meals and/or any and all other travel services and activities as offered or provided by Grosvenor Tours and accepted by the traveller.
3. TERMS OF PAYMENT
- On confirmation of services, a deposit of 20% of the quoted tour price is required.
- 45 days before commencement of services, full payment plus rooming list is required.
- For tours that include services of certain suppliers with more stringent policies, e.g. National Parks Board, Blue Train, Rovos Rail, Private Lodges and others, different payment terms may be enforceable. These will be provided when applicable.
- Large group programs may attract specific payment terms which will be provided when applicable.
- Airline reservations.
- Payment immediately on booking.
- All airfare reservations are arranged subject to the conditions imposed by the respective airline.
- Bookings made within 45 days of commencement of services must be accompanied by full payment of the tour plus rooming list. Where circumstances do not permit the timeous receipt of funds, explicit confirmation of transfer of funds will enable us to reserve services.
- If payments are made in negotiable foreign currency, the payer will be responsible for any short payment resulting from exchange rate fluctuations. The exchange rate applied by the official bankers of Grosvenor Tours on receipt of moneys will be accepted as the applicable rate.
- If the required deposit or final payment is not received by due date, Grosvenor Tours reserves the right to withdraw services.
- The non-issuing of an invoice or non-payment of deposit will not exempt travellers from these payment terms.
- Payments may be deposited directly into the following bank account:
|Payment for ZAR (South African Rands) INVOICE to be made in ZAR to the following Bank Account:||Payment for USD (United States Dollars) INVOICE to be made in USD to the following Bank Account:|
|Account Name:||Grosvenor Tours||Account Name:||Grosvenor Tours|
|Bank:||Standard Bank of S.A. Ltd||Bank:||Standard Bank of S.A. Ltd|
|Account Number:||0000070179018||Account Number:||0000090791665|
|Branch:||Thibault Square, Cape Town||Branch:||Thibault Square, Cape Town|
|Branch Code:||020909||Branch Code:||020909|
|Swift Code:||SBZAZAJJ||Swift Code:||SBZAZAJJ|
|Account Type:||Current||Account Type:||CFC (Customer Foreign Currency)|
- General Conditions
- Cancellations made more than 60 days prior to arrival will not normally result in cancellation fees being charged. However;
- Grosvenor Tours reserves the right to recover any costs incurred or charges received from suppliers up to the date of cancellation.
- Should your booking include services with more stringent policies, different cancellation fees will be enforceable. This will be advised at time of booking and will take precedence to the cancellation policies referred to above.
- In the event of services being cancelled 60 days or less, prior to arrival, the following cancellation fees will apply.
- 60 days to 46 days before commencement of services: 20% total quoted tour price due plus any additional charges levied by suppliers up to date of cancellation.
- 45 days to 31 days before commencement of services: 25% total quoted tour price due plus any additional charges levied by suppliers up to date of cancellation.
- 30 days to 15 days before commencement of services: 50% total quoted tour price due plus any additional charges levied by suppliers up to date of cancellation.
- 14 days to commencement of services: 100% of total quoted tour price due.
- Large group programs may attract specific cancellation terms which will be provided when applicable.
- Airline reservations: All airfare reservations are arranged subject to the conditions imposed by the respective airline.
- ‘No shows’ will be charged 100% of the quoted tour price.
- We recommend that travellers take adequate personal cancellation insurance cover before departure from home
- For tours that include services of certain suppliers with more stringent policies, e.g. National Parks Board, Blue Train, Rovos Rail, Private Lodges and others, different cancellation fees will be enforceable. These will be provided when applicable.
- The non-issuing of an invoice or non-payment of deposit will not exempt travellers from these cancellation terms.
- Cancellations made more than 60 days prior to arrival will not normally result in cancellation fees being charged. However;
Much care has gone into the composition of programs and tours for travellers, however, circumstances such as currency devaluation, fuel surcharges or price amendments by suppliers may necessitate changes in costs and tour programs. Should this occur, you would be notified as soon as possible, although Grosvenor Tours does reserve the right to change the itinerary of the tour without prior notice. Notwithstanding those deposits or complete payments have been made, any increases up until the date of departure of arrangements resulting in the above are to be paid by the traveller. If such increases are unacceptable, the traveller may cancel his/her booking, though in so doing he/she is still liable to pay any cancellation charges imposed in the way of cancellation, administration, communication charges etc.
Grosvenor Tours carries comprehensive liability insurance details which can be made available on request.
- Grosvenor Tours, its affiliated subsidiary companies, agents, and sponsoring organizations act only as agent for the suppliers of transportation, accommodations, food, and other goods and services provided to the passenger. All arrangements for transport, accommodations, and services are made upon the express condition that Grosvenor Tours shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental damage, injury, loss, accident, delay, or irregularity of any kind occasioned by reason of any act or omission beyond its control, including, without limitation, any act of negligence or breach of contract of any third party such as an airline, cruise line, train, hotel, restaurant, ground handler, etc., who is to or does supply any goods or services for the tour. Without limiting the foregoing, Grosvenor Tours is not responsible for any losses or expenses due to delay or changes in schedule, overbooking of accommodations, default of any third parties, sickness, weather, strikes, acts of God, acts of terrorism, war, quarantine, criminal activity, or for any other cause beyond its control.
- Safari programs may take travellers into close contact with wild animals. Rangers and guides should brief travellers accordingly, however, neither Grosvenor Tours nor their employees can be held responsible for any injury or accident while on safari.
- We strongly recommend that travellers take adequate personal travel insurance cover before departure from home.
The law of the Republic of South Africa shall govern the relationship between Grosvenor Tours and the traveller and the Courts of the Republic of South Africa shall have sole jurisdiction in respect of any claims and/or disputes which may arise between Grosvenor Tours and the traveller, or Agent.
- We strongly suggest that travellers take anti-malarial medication prior to commencing travel to malarial destinations. Please consult your doctor/pharmacist for specific medical advice.
- Please note that if you are arriving into South Africa from a yellow fever zone then you will need to provide proof to the South Africa authorities that you have had a yellow fever inoculation.
- Clients with specific health problems or specific requirements must notify Grosvenor Tours in advance.
10. COVID-19 DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
When travelling with Grosvenor Tours your safety is of paramount importance to us. We have implemented various COVID-19 related safety measures, processes and procedures (“Infectious Diseases: Health and Safety Protocol”) to ensure we create an environment that is both safe and hygienic when you travel with us.
Our protocols were developed by taking guidance from guidelines and hygiene policies prescribed and published by the World Health Organisation, the South African National Department of Health, the National Institute for Communicable Diseases of South Africa and all the relevant health authorities of the destinations we operate in.
Your itinerary may include third party suppliers (accommodation services at properties and/or ancillary services such as transfers, tours, and activities). Whilst all third-party service providers of Grosvenor Tours have committed to implement similar processes and procedures as to our Infectious Diseases: Health and Safety Protocol to try and protect guests making use of their services, Grosvenor Tours is not in a position to validate or dictate their health and safety protocols which will vary between third-party service providers.
As a result, we cannot confirm the standard to which third-party service providers protocols adhere to and as such we cannot accept any form of liability (in the broadest terms) should you (or any member of your party) contract an infectious disease (including COVID-19) when using the services of a third-party service provider. The same will apply in respect of public areas (i.e. landmarks, public venues, sightseeing venues, etc.) which you may wish to visit whilst staying at either our lodges/camps or properties owned by Third Party Service Provider as neither Grosvenor Tours nor Third Party Service Providers have any control over health and safety protocols followed at public areas or any action(s) of a member of the public which may cause an infection of an infectious disease.
As with any protocol the measure of success in implementing a process or procedure under a protocol will be determined by the level of compliance and adherence to the relevant processes and procedures prescribed by the relevant protocol. Whilst Grosvenor Tours will ensure full compliance by its management, employees and contractors with the Infectious Disease: Health and Safety Protocol, Grosvenor Tours cannot accept any liability in the event of a guest(s) contracting an infectious disease (including COVID-19) as a direct or indirect result of complying or adhering to Grosvenor Tours Infectious Diseases: Health and Safety Protocol.
For any enquiries, please contact the Travel Specialist who made your booking or mail Grosvenor Tours at email@example.com
11. VISAS AND PASSPORT
- Agents and guests are required to ensure that all such requirements are attended to as Grosvenor Tours accepts no responsibility in this regard.
- Visitors to South Africa must have a passport that is valid for at least 30 days after the intended departure date from South Africa and 06 months after the intended departure date for the rest of Southern Africa.
- Passports should also have a minimum of two blank passport pages per country visited. The blank pages cannot include the “endorsement” page at the back of the book. If there is insufficient space in the passport, entry into a country could be denied. If you require a visa, you must ensure that your passport has two blank facing pages – one for the visa and one for the entry stamp. Visitors who intend on travelling to South Africa’s neighbouring countries and back are advised to apply for multiple entry visas.
12. TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS & REQUIREMENTS
It is essential that you check the current visa and medical requirements at your local embassy or consulate of the country you intend to visit, prior to travelling. For the most up to date travel restrictions and requirements, feel free to use our online tool as a guideline.
13. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT (“POPI”)
- “Operator” means an operator as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013;
- “Personal Information” means personal information as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013;
- Protection of Personal Information
- You hereby authorise Grosvenor Tours to collect your Personal Information as it is relevant to this Agreement and/or service which we are providing for you or is deemed to be relevant for the provision of such service.
- Grosvenor Tours is committed to the adherence of national legislation and regulations pertaining to the safeguarding of data privacy.
- Grosvenor Tours shall use information previously provided by you to perform our services and to amongst other things, process invoices, credit notes, statements and any other document related to the services.
- You confirm that we may share your personal information with the following persons, who have an obligation to keep the personal information secure and confidential:
- Employees of Grosvenor Tours who are required to be informed of the personal information in order to attend to the services supplied and;
- All third parties who may assist us in supplying the services.
- We undertake not to disclose your personal information unless it is legally or contractually required to do so.
- We agree to use all reasonable efforts to ensure your personal information in our possession is kept confidential, stored in a secure manner and processed in terms of POPI.
- You hereby acknowledge and warrant that:
- Grosvenor Tours is entitled and authorised by you to transfer any Personal Information to any of its Operators; and
- Grosvenor Tours is entitled to store and back-up your Personal Information on its servers.
14. TRAVELLING WITH CHILDREN
Effective November 2019, all international minors only require a valid passport when travelling with an adult to or from South Africa. All South African children under the age of 18 leaving and entering South Africa are still required to have an unabridged birth certificate to accompany their passports. All unaccompanied children, regardless of nationality, still need additional documentation.
For all applicable details on these regulations please refer to the full travel advisory on https://www.satsa.com/wp-content/uploads/ADVISORY-DATED-NOVEMBER-20191.pdf
15. FLIGHT BOOKINGS
- Fares and seat availability are subject to changes and increases at anytime prior to a booking created and issue of tickets.
- Airlines require the full names of the passengers as printed on the passports and won’t accept changes once the tickets are booked. For this reason we require a copy of all passengers passport. Grosvenor Tours does not accept responsibility for incorrect spelling of names, therefore please ensure that you provide us with the accurate information.
- Group bookings subject to different policy.
16. CAR RENTAL
- Please note that the renter will be required to supply the following on collection of the rental vehicle.
- Valid Car Rental Voucher.
- Valid Credit Card.
- Please note that a rental deposit in the form of a credit card authorisation will be taken at the time of rental to cover any additional charges incurred during the rental. The renter needs to produce a recognized bank credit card. No Debit Cards, including Maestro and Electron are accepted.
- Passport (International Visitor); Passport or Identity Document (SA and SADC Residents)
- Valid unendorsed driver’s licence
- Foreign Driving licences are acceptable provided the language used (printed thereon) is English and there is a photograph present. Should a licence be in any other language, other than English, we require an International Driving Licence to be produced at commencement of the rental or an official translation by a consulate / embassy).
- Home Address and Telephone Number
- Local contact details
- Drivers under the age of 23 years are permitted, provided they have been in possession of a valid unendorsed driver’s licence for a minimum of 2 years. A Young Driver Daily Surcharge will apply. South African residents must be a minimum of 23 years of age.
- Bidvest Rentals:
- Each Bidvest Car Rental vehicle is rented with a full tank of fuel. Fuel is charged from the branch where the vehicle is delivered from and is for the renter’s own account. In general fuel may not be purchased with a credit card at petrol stations. There are some exceptions where a few petrol stations will accept a credit card for payment of fuel.
- Each vehicle is refuelled by Bidvest Car Rental on termination of the vehicle at the standard government legislation fuel tariff regardless whether the fuel gage indicates that the vehicle is full, as vehicles that are refuelled at independent stations are not guaranteed to be filled to capacity.
- Europcar Rentals:
- Europcar ensures that each and every customer, when collecting a rental, receives a vehicle with a full tank of fuel. In order to deliver this service, fuel levels are checked on termination of each and every rental as part of their business quality checking process.
- Europcar requests that the vehicle is returned refuelled, or alternatively they will automatically provide a refuelling service at a fee of ZAR 15.00 (subject to change), or the equivalent in the local currency. Europcar’s refuelling service provides customers with a convenient alternative to refuelling yourselves, and fuel is charged at the gazetted retail rates.
- This service will apply to rentals in all countries (South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Swaziland and Lesotho), and will be charged to the renter’s credit card.
17. AIRPORT TRANSFERS
In the event of a flight number change or incorrect flight details received from the agent, Grosvenor Tours will endeavour to amend transfer arrangements, but will not be held responsible for loss of service or additional charges incurred should the service be unavailable due to late notification.