Cape Town, Winelands and Kruger
Get under the skin of South Africa’s scenic Cape region. Explore the vibrant Mother City and surrounding Winelands and then set out for an encounter with the country’s rich wildlife. The tour begins in the city of Cape Town, one of the world’s top travel destinations with majestic mountains, white sand beaches and delicious food. Next we will explore the verdant winelands set between stunning mountains and valleys. Here, some of the world’s greatest wines are produced, and many fine restaurants and boutique shops can be found. Our final stop is at the Kapama or Thornybush Game Reserves; set between the majestic Drakensberg Mountains and the Kruger Park. Here you can view incredible bird and animal life, including the Big 5, in their natural habitat.
- Explore the riches of the Mother City; from the foothills of Table Mountain to the white sandy beaches of the Cape Peninsula
- Discover abundance in the lush Cape Winelands; from horse-riding in the vineyards to superb wines and delectable food at renowned wine estates
- Enjoy close encounters with the famous Big 5 in Kruger National Park
Day 1: Cape Town
Upon arrival at the Cape Town International Airport, you will be welcomed and transferred to your luxury hotel. This afternoon your rental vehicle will be delivered to your hotel. From the majestic sweep of Table Mountain to the pristine white beaches of its rugged peninsula – washed by both the Indian and Atlantic Oceans, and the breathtaking scenery of the historic wine-making region, Cape Town really has it all.
Day 2 and 3: Cape Town
Spend the next few days at leisure exploring the city. Must-do activities include visiting iconic attractions such as Table Mountain, Robben Island, Chapman’s Peak Drive and the Cape Point Nature Reserve. Take in Cape Town’s diverse cultures when you enjoy a home-cooked Cape Malay dinner or visit an inspiring community upliftment project.
- Savour a tour of the Cape Winelands
- Picnic atop Table Mountain
- Horse-drawn Carriage Ride through the City
- Helicopter flip taking in the Cape Peninsula
- Sunset horse-back riding on Noordhoek Beach
- Unforgettable Dinner Dance Experience
- Travel back in time in a Vintage Sidecar
- Half Day City Tour with milkshake atop Table Mountain
- Visit the Two Oceans Aquarium
- Full Day Cape Point Tour
- Spend the day at Boulder’s Beach
Day 4 and 5: Cape Town – Cape Winelands
Enjoy a leisurely breakfast this morning before making your way to the lush Cape Winelands, offering an abundance of elegant wine estates and award-winning restaurants. Spend your days here discovering the very best that the region has to offer. Tantalising taste sensations may include a chocolate and wine pairing, olive and olive oil tasting or a cheese and wine tasting at the finest boutique estates.
- Picnic on a Wine Estate
- Horse-riding in the vineyards
- Enjoy lunch at a berry orchard
- Savour a tour of the Cape Winelands
- Strawberry picking in season
- Butterfly World
- Enjoy a pony and carriage ride at Blaauwklippen
- Spend the day at Spier Wine Estate
- Cheetah Outreach – Meet the Cubs (in season)
Day 6: Cape Winelands – Greater Kruger Safari
After an early breakfast, make your way to the Cape Town International Airport where you will drop off your rental vehicle and board your scheduled flight to Hoedspruit. On arrival at Hoedspruit Eastgate Airport you will be met and transferred to your luxury lodge, set in pristine African wilderness.
Day 7: Greater Kruger Safari
Occupying a vast area between the Greater Kruger National Park and the Northern Drakensberg mountains, the Thornybush and Kapama Game Reserves are home to an abundance of bird and mammal species including the magnificent Big Five. During your stay you will enjoy early morning and afternoon game drives as well as exciting guided bush walks. Your experienced ranger and tracker team will share their passion and intimate knowledge of the bush as you spend your days exploring the beautiful savannah woodlands, grassland and riverine forest that make up these unique reserves.
- Hot Air Ballooning – Kruger
- Romantic Sleep Out under the stars at Kapama
- Flight of the Dragon at Thornybush
- Kids on Safari in the Kruger
- Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre
- Cheetah Breeding Project
Day 8: Greater Kruger – Hoedspruit Eastgate Airport
After your morning safari activity (time-permitting) and a scrumptious breakfast you will be transferred to the Hoedspruit Eastgate Airport to connect with your scheduled flight to Johannesburg.
Without the professional, timeous and effortless support from Zelda and her team this historical event would have been impossible and probably sub-standard. I can highly recommend them for your next event – be it big or small.
~ Thea Eiselen, World Federation of Nuclear Medicine And Biology Congress 2010