Johannesburg, Kruger and Cape Town
A perfect mix of the urban and the natural, this tour takes you to the wild heart of South Africa and its most beautiful city. The tour begins in Johannesburg, known as the City of Gold, South Africa’s pulsing economic heart where luxury and history dynamically come together. We will go on to the Kapama or Thornybush Game Reserves; set between the majestic Drakensberg Mountains and the Kruger Park. Here you can view incredible bird and animal life, including the Big 5, in their natural habitat. The final stop on the tour is the magnificent city of Cape Town, one of the world’s top travel destinations with majestic mountains, white sand beaches and delicious food.
- Discover the “City of Gold”, Johannesburg - a vibrant metropolis and home to the unique Maboneng Precinct
- See the Big 5 in the famous Kruger National Park
- Explore the “Mother City”, Cape Town, at the foothills of the iconic Table Mountain
Day 1: Johannesburg
Upon arrival in Johannesburg you will be welcomed and transferred to your hotel. Johannesburg, or Jozi as it is affectionately known, is the largest city in South Africa and also the economic hub. You have the remainder of the day at leisure. Why not enjoy a sightseeing tour taking in the many historic and cultural landmarks unique to this “City of Gold”.
- Watch the world go by in Nelson Mandela Square
- Hot Air Ballooning over the Cradle of Mankind
- De Wildt Endangered Wildlife Centre
- Shopping Safari looking for the perfect memento
- Family Tuk Tuk Tour
- Gold Reef City
- Maropeng Cradle of Mankind and Sterkfontein Caves
- Lesedi Cultural Visit
Day 2: Johannesburg - Greater Kruger
JOHANNESBURG – GREATER KRUGER After breakfast you will be transferred to the OR Tambo International Airport to connect with your scheduled flight to Hoedspruit. On arrival at Hoedspruit Eastgate Airport you will be met and transferred to your luxury lodge, set in pristine African wilderness.
Day 3 and 4: Greater Kruger Safari
Occupying a vast area between the Greater Kruger National Park and the Northern Drakensberg mountains, the Thornybush and Kapama Game Reserves are home to an abundance of bird and mammal species including the magnificent Big Five. During your stay you will enjoy early morning and afternoon game drives as well as exciting guided bush walks. Your experienced ranger and tracker team will share their passion and intimate knowledge of the bush as you spend your days exploring the beautiful savannah woodlands, grassland and riverine forest that make up these unique reserves.
- Hot Air Ballooning – Kruger
- Romantic Sleep Out under the stars at Kapama
- Flight of the Dragon at Thornybush
- Kids on Safari in the Kruger
- Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre
- Cheetah Breeding Project
Day 5: Greater Kruger - Cape Town
After your morning safari activity (time-permitting) and a scrumptious breakfast you will be transferred to the Hoedspruit Eastgate Airport to connect with your scheduled flight to Cape Town. Upon arrival, you will be welcomed and transferred to your luxury hotel. With Table Mountain as back-drop and endless views over the Atlantic Ocean, South Africa’s Mother City offers a melting pot of diverse cultures, great food, excellent wines and spectacular natural beauty, just waiting to be discovered.
Day 6 - 8: Cape Town
Spend your days at leisure. South Africa’s beautiful Mother City offers a myriad of experiences and is well worth exploring. Enjoy a picnic atop Table Mountain and marvel at the panoramic views, travel along the scenic Cape peninsula, or follow in the footsteps of Former President Nelson Mandela on a visit to the infamous Robben Island. Visit the picturesque Cape Winelands dotted with charming towns each with its own unique character and surrounded by elegant wine estates.
- Savour a tour of the Cape Winelands
- Picnic atop Table Mountain
- Horse-drawn Carriage Ride through the City
- Helicopter flip taking in the Cape Peninsula
- Sunset horse-back riding on Noordhoek Beach
- Unforgettable Dinner Dance Experience
- Travel back in time in a Vintage Sidecar
- Half Day City Tour with milkshake atop Table Mountain
- Visit the Two Oceans Aquarium
- Full Day Cape Point Tour
- Spend the day at Boulder’s Beach
- Enjoy a tour of the Cape Winelands
Day 9: Cape Town
After breakfast you will be transferred to the Cape Town International Airport.
Without the professional, timeous and effortless support from Zelda and her team this historical event would have been impossible and probably sub-standard. I can highly recommend them for your next event – be it big or small.
~ Thea Eiselen, World Federation of Nuclear Medicine And Biology Congress 2010