Experience Livingstone, Chobe and Okavango Delta
Explore Africa’s greatest treasures; sensational scenery and abundant wildlife are found on a tour that reaches into the heart of Southern Africa. We first travel to the thundering Victoria Falls whose incredible natural beauty has been captivating travellers for centuries. You will stay near the charming town of Livingstone, named in honour of famous explorer David Livingstone. Next we will travel to the captivating Chobe National Park, one of Botswana’s biggest and most abundant natural parks. Our final destination is the Okavango Delta, where you will find a staggering array of natural diversity. Big game and stunning waterways are just waiting to be explored.
- Experience the magic of the mighty Victoria Falls on a guided tour
- Participate in thrilling game viewing activities in the famous Chobe National Park
- Explore the intricate waterways of the lush Okavango Delta on a mokoro
Day 1: Livingstone
Welcome to Livingstone. Upon arrival at Livingstone Airport you will be transferred to your luxury hotel. Whether you choose to stay in Livingstone at the heart of the area’s many attractions or further upstream along the banks of the vast Zambezi River you are sure to leave with memories to last a lifetime.
Day 2: Livingstone
The historic town of Livingstone is set on the banks of the Zambezi River at the Victoria Falls and offers experiences that range from relaxing to exciting and downright hair-raising. Spend your day at leisure experiencing some of the adventures on offer. Be sure to enjoy a guided tour of the falls. Cruise stylishly along the Zambezi River at sunset or take to the skies for an extraordinary helicopter flip over the cascading Victoria Falls. For the more adventurous, spend an unforgettable day bungee jumping, abseiling or white-water rafting.
- Royal Livingstone Express
- Sunset Cruise on the Zambezi River
- Livingstone Island visit
- Helicopter Flight over the Falls
- Guided Tour of the Falls
- David Livingstone Museum & Railway Museum
- Crocodile & Snake Park visit
- Breakfast/ Lunch Cruise on Zambezi River
Day 3: Livingstone - Chobe
Today you will swap the roar of the Victoria Falls for the untamed wilderness of Botswana. You will be transferred to your luxury lodge set in the Chobe region of Botswana. Chobe National Park, the second largest park in Botswana, offers an abundance of wildlife throughout the year.
Day 4: Chobe
Chobe is home to over 75 species of mammals, including the world’s largest remaining elephant population and a large variety of predators, and over 450 bird species making this a true birder’s paradise. Spend your days enjoying captivating game drives, game-viewing in specially adapted safari boats and sunset cruises on the life-giving Chobe River, star-gazing and nature walks.
- Morning and evening game drives
- Guided Bush Walk & Night Drives
- Game viewing by specially adapted safari motor boat
- Romantic Sundowner cruise on Chobe River
- Private Game Drives
- Private Chobe River game viewing by boat
- Family visit to a local primary school and village
Day 5: Chobe - Okavango Delta
Enjoy a morning safari activity (time-permitting) and breakfast before transferring back to Kasane for your light aircraft flight deep into the glittering Okavango Delta. A mass of gleaming lagoons and channels, the Okavango Delta is a magical place teeming with prolific bird and wildlife.
Day 6: Okavango Delta
Game viewing activities include morning and late afternoon game drives as well as the opportunity to silently glide through the Delta’s channels in a mokoro (dugout canoe). Depending on your lodge, guided nature walks on the various islands afford the opportunity to track some of the larger species that inhabit this water wilderness. Spend your days drinking in the sights, sounds and smells of the African bush.
- Guided Bush Walk at water-based camps
- Mokoro Safaris at water-based camps
- Sundowner Cruise by motorboat
- Morning and evening game drives
- Private Morning and Evening Game Drives
- Mokoro Safaris at water-based camps (children allowed at camp manager’s discretion)
- Game viewing by motorboat
- Catch and release fishing
Day 7: Okavango Delta - Maun
Enjoy a morning safari activity (time-permitting) and breakfast before departing on your light aircraft flight to Maun.
Without the professional, timeous and effortless support from Zelda and her team this historical event would have been impossible and probably sub-standard. I can highly recommend them for your next event – be it big or small.
~ Thea Eiselen, World Federation of Nuclear Medicine And Biology Congress 2010