Cape Town, Oudtshoorn, Knysna and Eastern Cape Safari
Explore South Africa’s vibrant Mother City before heading down the coast to explore the verdant and breath-taking beauty of the Garden Route. Spend three days in Cape Town, one of the world’s top travel destinations with majestic mountains, white sand beaches and delicious food. Next we take in the scenic Klein Karoo landscape and the lush Garden Route; Oudtshoorn is the ostrich capital of the world and Knysna has some of its best oysters. Our final stop will be a luxury game lodge where you can encounter South Africa’s famous and diverse wildlife.
- Experience the best Cape Town has to offer; from a delectable picnic in Kirstenbosch to savouring fine wines in the lush Cape Winelands
- Discover the beauty of the Klein Karoo and the ancient Cango Caves
- Enjoy the luxury of an Eastern Cape game lodge including superb Big 5 wildlife encounters
Day 1: Cape Town
Upon arrival at the Cape Town International Airport, you will be welcomed and transferred to your luxury hotel. This afternoon your rental vehicle will be delivered to your hotel. The vibrant city of Cape Town nestles neatly between majestic Table Mountain and the cobalt blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean. Spend the next few days at leisure exploring the city.
Day 2 and 3: Cape Town
Enjoy a cableway ascent to the top of Table Mountain, spoil yourself with a delectable picnic at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens or visit Cape Point, the south-western tip of the African continent. From savouring fine wines in the lush Cape Winelands, to an informative and often evocative Robben Island tour, this lively city has something for everyone.
- Savour a tour of the Cape Winelands
- Picnic atop Table Mountain
- Horse-drawn Carriage Ride through the City
- Helicopter flip taking in the Cape Peninsula
- Sunset horse-back riding on Noordhoek Beach
- Unforgettable Dinner Dance Experience
- Travel back in time in a Vintage Sidecar
- Half Day City Tour with milkshake atop Table Mountain
- Visit the Two Oceans Aquarium
- Full Day Cape Point Tour
- Spend the day at Boulder’s Beach
- Enjoy a tour of the Cape Winelands
Day 4: Cape Town – Oudtshoorn
Enjoy an early breakfast this morning before setting out on the road less travelled as you drive to Oudtshoorn along the scenic Route 62 via Montagu and the Klein Karoo. You have the afternoon at leisure to explore Oudtshoorn – known as the ostrich capital of the world. Visit the ancient Cango Caves or an Ostrich Show Farm.
- Hot Air Ballooning – Oudtshoorn
- Ostrich Show Farm And Cango Caves
- Oudtshoorn Horse Riding
- Ostrich Show Farm
- Cango Wildlife Ranch
- Meerkat Adventure
Day 5: Oudtshoorn – Knysna
Enjoy a leisurely breakfast this morning, then take in the breath-taking views as you travel over the Outeniqua Pass to George and onward to Knysna via Wilderness and Sedgefield. You have the afternoon at leisure.
Day 6: Knysna
Spend your day discovering Knysna, the jewel of the Garden Route. This charming town nestled on the banks of a lush estuary offers experiences that range from quiet luxury to unforgettable thrill. Sail stylishly around the gleaming waters of the lagoon or make memories to last a lifetime as you walk with the elephants of the Knysna Elephant Sanctuary. For the more adventurous, spend a memorable day zipping through ancient treetops or take to the skies on a tandem paragliding adventure.
- Sunset Champagne Cruise or Dinner Cruise on Knysna Lagoon
- Garden of Eden
- Oyster tasting
- Walk amongst exotic birds and primates at Birds of Eden and Monkeyland
- Featherbed Nature Reserve Eco Experience
Day 7: Knysna – Eastern Cape Safari
After an early breakfast travel further east along the coast via Plettenberg Bay, Tsitsikamma and Port Elizabeth. Your malaria-free reserve is located in the beautiful and historically rich Eastern Cape. Home to a diverse and unusual range of animal and bird species, the incredible scenery is matched by luxurious accommodation, warm service and rich safari experiences.
Day 8 and 9: Eastern Cape Safari
During your Eastern Cape safari you will have the opportunity to enjoy morning and evening game drives. Accompanied by your experienced ranger and tracker team, you will spend the mornings in search of daytime animals including the majestic Big Five – Black and White rhino, lion, leopard, buffalo and elephant. The evening safari offers the chance to encounter unusual nocturnal animals such as aardvark, the curious bat-eared fox and porcupine. In addition to twice-daily game drives you may also choose to join a walking safari. Accompanied by an armed ranger, walks are conducted within easy reach of your lodge and allow you a closer look at the hidden wonders of the bush.
- Morning and late afternoon game drives
- Guided nature walks
- Stargazing – Eastern Cape
- Romantic dining under the stars (private or in boma)
- Kids on Safari at Shamwari
- Visit the Born Fee Foundation Big Cat Rescue Centre (Shamwari)
- Shamwari Animal Rehabilitation Centre (Shamwari)
Day 10: Eastern Cape Safari – Port Elizabeth
Start your day with early morning tea & coffee followed by open vehicle game drive (time permitting). Return to the lodge for breakfast before making your way to the Port Elizabeth Airport.
Without the professional, timeous and effortless support from Zelda and her team this historical event would have been impossible and probably sub-standard. I can highly recommend them for your next event – be it big or small.
~ Thea Eiselen, World Federation of Nuclear Medicine And Biology Congress 2010